Allie features Bluetooth integration with the Accu-Chek Guide Me blood glucose meter. This guide provides best practices to ensure seamless transfer of blood glucose data from the monitor to the Allie Android application.
- Pairing Accu-Chek Guide Me with Allie App
- Uploading Blood Glucose Readings to Allie
- Troubleshooting Issues with the Accu-Chek Guide Me
Note: This article is for the Accu-Chek Guide Me. For assistance with the Accu-Chek Guide, please see this article.
In order to pair the device, please make sure you have done the following during the installation process, completing all of the following:
- Allowed Allie to turn Bluetooth on
- Given Allie access to "Location", Nearby Devices", and "Physical Activity"
- Confirmed that Bluetooth is turned on for your phone
Note: If you have previously used an Accu-Chek meter to send data to your phone via Bluetooth, you will need to delete any related applications. You may also need to go your Bluetooth settings and "Forget" the previously connected device. Please make sure to follow these instructions on how to delete the pairing on the Guide as well before proceeding.
For best results, we recommend making sure that you are using the most recent versions of Allie and that your phone's operating system is up to date. More information on checking your settings/updating Allie can be found here.
You will also need to see an option for "Glucose Levels" in Allie. If you do not see this option, please check with your technician or Healthcare Provider to make sure they have set you up correctly.
- Start by going to Settings at the bottom right
- Select "Connected Devices"
- Choose "Blood Glucose Meters / CGM"
- Then choose the "Accu-Chek Guide Me"
- This will take you to Step 1 - Make sure your meter is off (if it is on, please turn it off by holding the power button on the side before continuing)
- Tap "Continue" to be brought to Step 2 - Long press both buttons on the front of the device at the same time until the Bluetooth symbols flash on the meter's display
- Use both fingers to press both of the buttons until you see the link and Bluetooth symbols:
- Tap "Continue" in Allie to be brought to the "Pairing device...." screen. You should see a "Pairing request" from your phone - tap "Pair & connect"
- Then enter the 6 digit PIN from the back of the Guide Me and tap "OK"
- After a few seconds, you should see the text "OK" on the Guide Me, indicating that pairing is complete
- A few seconds later you should see the "Success" confirmation screen in Allie. Tap "Continue" to leave the pairing screen
This will return you to the "Connected Devices" screen. You should now see text indicating that the meter is "Connected" or that the "Sync completed just now".
Now that the Guide Me is paired to Allie, you will be able to send your readings to Allie, which will then be visible for your healthcare provider.
To upload a reading
- Make sure that you have Allie open
- Turn the Guide Me on using the button on the side
- Insert a strip into the Guide Me. You should then see the "drop" icon indicating it is waiting for you to take a reading
(If you do not see this screen when inserting a strip, please make sure your Guide Me is connected per the instructions above
- Apply blood/control solution to edge of strip. Try to use a single drop and make sure it is applied to the edge as best you can. You should then see the "hourglass" icon indicating it is analyzing your sample
- When the Guide Me has finished analyzing your blood, it will display your current blood glucose level. This reading will then be sent to Allie
- Allie will then prompt you to add meal context to your reading:
- Select the appropriate context to finish saving the reading. You will see a brief "Glucose Levels logged" animation confirming the reading has been saved. The progress bar and number of tasks completed at the top will also be updated
- If you expand your completed Tasks, you'll be able to see the reading has been saved with the appropriate time and context. The Bluetooth icon will display to indicate this reading came from a connected device
- You can then turn off the Guide Me using the button on the side (or wait a little while and it will turn of automatically)
If you do NOT see the reading in Allie, the reading should synchronize the next time you turn on the Guide Me. Try turning it on/off once or twice to see the measurement in your phone. It should then be visible to your healthcare provider shortly.
For general troubleshooting, please see here.