Allie features Bluetooth integration with the Omron SC-150 commercial weight scale. This guide provides best practices to ensure seamless transfer of weight data from the scale to the Allie iOS application.
In order to pair the device, please make sure you have done the following during the installation process, completing all of the following:
- Given Allie access to Bluetooth
- Allowed Notifications from Allie
- Turned Bluetooth ON for your phone
For best results, we recommend making sure that you are using the most recent versions of Allie and that your phone's operating system is up to date. More information on checking your settings/updating Allie can be found here.
You will also need to make sure you see an option for "Weight" in Allie. If you do not see this option, please with your technician or Healthcare Provider to make sure that have set you up correctly
- (Optional - Turn the scale over and insert the batteries into the battery compartment.
- The scale display will quickly flash and then go blank - you may not see this)
- Open the Allie application and go to "Settings" in Allie at the bottom right corner
- Select "Connected Devices"
- And then choose "Scales"
- Select the "SC-150" (you should see the text "No device paired" below)
- This will take you to Step 1 - Insert 4 "AAA" batteries in the back of the scale.
- If you have not already inserted the batteries, do so now. The screen will quickly flash and then go blank. Tap "Continue" in Allie to be brought to Step 2 - Press the Bluetooth button for more than 2 seconds. The pairing symbol will flash on the display
- Locate the bluetooth pairing button on the scale. It is on the front side of the scale, near the display:
- Press and hold the pairing button on the scale until the "P" is flashing
- Allie should now update to indicate there is an "SC-150" nearby and give you the option to "Start Pairing"
- A prompt will appear - confirm that you wish to "Pair" with the SC-150
- The SC-150 screen will display several 0's and the "OK" icon
- Shortly after, Allie will update to show you the "Success" screen. You can tap "Done" to leave pairing mode
This will return you to the "Scales" screen. Additional "SC-150" text will display and you will see a blue check mark confirming the scale is paired.
Please wait for the scale screen to go blank before proceeding with taking your weight. If you have issues at any point in time with the pairing process, please start over from the beginning.
How to Take a Weight Measurement
- Launch the Allie app
- Stand on the scale
- The display will fluctuate until it determines the weight. At this point it will flash three times.
- You should then see the Bluetooth icon below your weight measurement
- If you do not see the icon, make sure that Allie is open. If it has closed, open it, and the weight measurement should come through soon
- The reading will then be sent to Allie shortly afterwards (it may take a few seconds to synchronize).
- The reading will then be available in Allie (it may take a few seconds to synchronize) and the "Due" Task will be removed from the timeline. If your timeline is collapsed, press the arrow to expand the section
The weight measurement and time will match your scale. You will also see the "Bluetooth" symbol indicating it was sent via Bluetooth. If this is a required task for the day, there will be a check mark next to the reading.
The measurement will then be available shortly for your healthcare provider to review as needed. The scale will turn off after a few seconds.
You likely will not see any more weight tasks to complete for the day. However, if you take another weight measurement, the new readings will be added to the "Completed" section. There will not be a check-mark for additional readings.
Please note: If you go to the Connected Devices page at any time, you should see the Device ID. You will only see the blue checkmark if the Guide is currently on.
Additionally, if you take your weight but Allie is not currently open, the weight may not show up. To address this, open up Allie and tap the Bluetooth button on the SC-150. This should send any recently saved readings from the scale to Allie.
For general troubleshooting, please see here.